For California Consumers, please click here for information on your rights under the to access and control the use your data.
1. Why does DollarSharp.com collect data on consumers?
DollarSharp.com collects consumer data for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Relevancy Purposes, to provide Users with the most relevant experiences on our Website that we think are likely to be of interest to you.
- Transactional Purposes, to contact Users with our offers and promotions.
- Technical Purposes to provide notices, updates, security alerts and support information.
- Customer Service Purposes, to communicate with you.
- Reporting Purposes, to share consumer data with third-party reporting services.
2. From whom does DollarSharp.com collect consumer data?
DollarSharp.com collects consumer data from sources in the following categories:
- Direct from Consumer, information that you provide to us directly.
- Automatic Data Collection , collected automatically when you visit or register on our Website, such as internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or click-stream data, and through the use of “cookies”, “pixel tags” and similar tracking technologies. For additional information on such tracking technologies, see Section 6 below.
4. Does DollarSharp.com share consumer data with third parties?
DollarSharp.com shares consumer data with third parties in the following categories:
- Marketing Partners, such as advertisers or app developers who wish to target and/or retarget our Users with relevant advertisements on other websites or magazine publishers and direct-to-consumer merchants who wish to communicate directly with our customers and Users through name rental or exchange.
- Acquisition Partners, such as publishers and other third parties who display DollarSharp.com ads on their websites.
- Service Providers, such as optimization and attribution partners, advertisers, product vendors and publishers.
- Media Intermediaries, such as buy-side advertising platforms, media vendors, brokers, agencies or other intermediaries.
- Aggregators, such as data management platforms, advertisers and publishers.
- Supporting Partners, such as marketing advisors, consultants and other third-party industry participants who work with us on a commercial basis or provide advice or services to us to support our business.
5. What are Cookies and other tracking technologies?
A cookie is a small data file that a website can send to the browser on your computer when you link to that website. A cookie can hold information deposited in the file by a website, which can then be read by other sites. A cookie is not a computer program, it does not extract personal information about you or from your computer and it does not read data on your hard drive or instruct your computer to perform any function.
You may be able to use your browser to give you the option of accepting or rejecting a cookie whenever you visit a website. You may also be able to use your browser or other software to clear cookies from your browser any time you wish. However, deleting a website’s cookie may mean that some features of our Website will not operate correct. Besides cookies, we may use web beacons, tracking pixels or similar tracking mechanisms to track your usage patterns on our Website. Like cookies, these small files do not store, record or share any personal information about you. We utilize third-party internet service providers to collect site traffic data using such tracking technologies that can be embedded in our Website. These service providers can then provide us with aggregate and anonymous usage data to allow us to improve our Website. This usage data cannot in be associated with any personal information we have about you.
6. Can I opt-out of receiving email from DollarSharp.com?
Yes. Receiving email from DollarSharp.com is always optional.
7. What about third-party websites?
8. What does DollarSharp.com do to keep their Website secure?
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, including appropriate organizational, technological and physical safeguards commensurate with the sensitivity of the personal information in question. Although we believe that the measures, we take to safeguard your data are appropriate, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Does DollarSharp.com collect information from Users outside of the United States?
Our Website is not intended to be used by visitors residing outside of the United States.
10. Does DollarSharp.com collect personal information from children?
Our Website is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of sixteen, and DollarSharp.com does not intend to collect personal information from individuals in this age group. If DollarSharp.com receives actual notice that a person under the age of sixteen has provided personal information to DollarSharp.com, DollarSharp.com will promptly (immediately, in the case of persons under the age of thirteen) remove such information from its files.
11. Your California Privacy Rights.
12. Further Questions?